PREVIOUS EDITION: SMART ENERGY SYSTEMS June 27, 2012
Pictures of the Forum
Investors & Go between
20 Smart Energy startups & SMEs selected to pitch @ INNOVENTURE EUROPE on June 27, 2012
- Total aggregate funding requirement of 47 million Euros.
- More than 50% are looking to raise between 2 and 10 million Euros each.
- Minimal funding requirement starts at 200 000 Euros.
- 14 companies are in pre-revenue commercial piloting and product scaling development phase with less than 12 months time to market.
- 6 companies are in post-revenue with an existing track record and average yearly revenue of 3 million Euros.
- 15 companies are French.
- 25% are European companies (UK, Switzerland, Ireland …).
Energy generation takes the lion share with 9 companies launching innovative products and vying for international markets across a number of next generation technologies, from natural cooling and passive heat recovery ventilation, to kerfless solar cell manufacturing and third generation nano-organic semiconductor materials, to indoor solar energy generation, and self powering of mobile devices on-the-go – without batteries.
On the demand side of the equation, 7 companies are charting new paths in the Negawatts space from designing smarter building materials, to passive engineering and energy modelling, to commercial and residential energy monitoring and 2.0 demand response.
2 companies are looking to break new commercial grounds with patented technologies in the areas of distributed thermal storage and advanced utility scale back up solutions.
A Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) manufacturer and a charging infrastructure and fleet management service provider, offer a glimpse of the infinite possibilities in alternative mobility.